Match the Greaser with his description
1. ______ Dallas a. wise-cracker
2. ______ Sodapop b. tough, cold, mean
3. ______ Darry c. frightened, abused
4. ______ Johnny d. serious, determined
5. ______ Two-Bit e. attractive, like a Greek god
True or False:
Write true or false next to each statement below. Correct each false answer and make it true.
6. ______ Ponyboy finds it easier to talk to Darry than Sodapop.
7. ______ Cherry, Marcia, Bob, Randy, Johnny, Two-Bit, and Ponyboy go to
the same school.
8. ______ Greasers usually start most of the fights with the Socs.
9. ______ Darry turned down a college scholarship so the Curtis brothers would have enough money to stay together.
10. ______ Ponyboy saw Johnny stab Bob.
11. ______ Ponyboy and Johnny hide out in a church for two weeks.
12. ______ Ponyboy and Johnny think their cigarettes probably started the church fire.
13. ______ Bob’s death makes Randy want to fight for revenge in the rumble.
14. ______ Dally cares about no one.
15. ______ At the court hearing, the judge realizes Ponyboy has been ill.
Answer the following questions completely.
Answer the following questions in COMPLETE
Nature’s first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf’s a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
37. What was your favorite part of the book?
38. What are some of the lessons that you’ve learned from this book?
39. How do you think this story pertains to your own life today?
40. Would you recommend this book for next year’s seventh graders? Why or why not? (Not just a “Because”!!!)
Match the words below with the correct definition.
41. _______________________ cool, carefree, and casually unconcerned
42.________________________ a cotton cloth of fine texture, usually with a plaid,.
striped, or checkered pattern
43.________________________ bold resistance to an opposing force or authority
44.________________________ stately; majestic; a man courteously attentive to
45.________________________ a presentiment of the future; foreboding
46.________________________ of a stubborn and mean spirited nature
47.________________________ dishonest; unprincipled; playfully mischievous
48.________________________ distant, especially in one’s relations with other
49.________________________ a small privileged group
50.________________________ to manifest repressed anger or hatred
Fill in the blank with the correct vocabulary word.